Monday 25 April 2016

About Myself (1/3)

It was in Apr 2009 when I bought my first share. Yes, it was the time when the market was recovering from the Global Financial Crisis (GFC). I knew nothing about it, but only with one good idea, buy low - sell high. I had about $6,000 from my savings and about $4,000 as "second batch" funds to starts off with it. I am looking for a volatile stock and with a recognizable good reputation company at that time. With limited or close to no knowledge in this, I only know Capitaland from my shopping experience, and it became my first stock.

I was lucky enough, or you could say is beginner's luck. Basically in short, it was like buy what huat what at that time. I managed to make $400 for that week. Since then, it became "addictive", and to a certain extend that I made at least 2 transactions per month for the year 2010, from contra to naked short, I had tried all those. And with that, it was when I began to buy US stocks as well with big names such as Las Vegas, MGM, Citibank, etc. By the end of 2010, despite having small losses from time to time, I managed to make a profit of $10,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment